Elena Ponce is the Vice President of Talent Management, Employee Engagement and Communication at Apttus, which is the world’s first Middle Office Platform. Apttus automates, optimizes and applies AI to the revenue generation process to maximize business outcomes. Prio to joining Apttus, Elena spent several years at Salesforce.com, which was named the most innovative company in the world many times. Elena lives and works in Silicon Valley south of San Francisco
Highlights from the interview include...
- What attracted Elena to working at a smaller, startup company
- Importance of getting experience from different leaders
- How Elena is connecting talent programs back to company strategy
- The foundational elements to a new talent management system
- Importance of prioritizing top talent
- How to determine “top talent” and serve both top and "other talent"
- The best way to impact the 80% of the company is through management so management development becomes a priority
- Apttus has introduced manager success calls to discuss key capabilities
- Building internally and bringing in external partners to help
- How to implement a new LMS and what to look at when bringing it in
- Elena says its important to have leaders talking about leadership
- Elena is most proud of building great leadership program at Salesforce
- Elena is also really proud of the work she did on diversity and inclusion at Salesforce
- Lesson learned about how important data is in driving decisions
- There is a trend to have more connectivity and more fun in the workplace
- How to maintain connected, fun culture even when people are spread out and vitual
- Books: Multipliers and Start with Why
- Susan Kane - Value of the Introvert
- Tool: Google Sheets for tracking and DiSC for teamwork
- Advice for those new in L&D: Learn about the business
- Elena's LinkedIn page
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talent Development Hot Seat
- Connect with Andy on LinkedIn!
- Join the Talent Development Hot Seat group on LinkedIn!
For questions, comments and guest suggestions, contact the host, Andy Storch, at email@example.com